Application Document Checklist
This application document checklist details the information and supporting documents (personal, health and character) required to assist with the lodgement of a complete application with the department. You may also need to provide additional information and documentation after you have made your application if the department requires it.
After completing this checklist, please attach it to the front of your application.
- Form 1419 Application for a Visitor Visa – Tourist Stream to Visit Australia for
tourism or other recreational activities. Please ensure that the application form is
completed in English and signed by you, the applicant.
Visa Application Charge. See: http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa/Fees
- A clear photocopy of your passport biodata page (the page with your photo), along with allstamped pages in your passport. Your passport should be valid for the total period of your stay in Australia, or for a minimum of 6 months
- One recent passport sized photograph (45mmx35mm), no more than six months old, of
you this should be of the head and shoulders only against a plain background. Print
your name on the back of your photograph.
- Copy of your Thai National Identification Card
- Evidence of family (copy of House Registration Certificate), employment and other ties to your country of usual residence
- If visiting or travelling with a relative – evidence of your relationship with the person you are visiting, for example, marriage certificate(s), birth certificate(s), house registration, statement detailing the relationship, or a combination of these documents.
- Where someone is supporting your application you should provide a letter of invitation
and evidence of your relationship with the person, for example: correspondence (emails,
letters, messaging), telephone bills, photographs, money transfers, or evidence of their
If you are being supported by an Australian Citizen, you must provide evidence of substantial ties to the sponsor if you are not directly related to him or her.
- Evidence that you have adequate personal funds, or access to adequate funds to
support yourself (and any family members travelling with you) during the period of
intended stay, for example, a current bankbook or bank statement with at least 6
months history of transactions. If you are providing a bankbook, you must provide
the original and photocopy bankbook; the original bankbook will be returned to you
once your visa application is finalised.
- If you are employed; evidence of current employment in the form of an original letter
from your employer outlining your present position, length of service, salary and
period of approved leave. If you are self-employed, you need to provide evidence of
business ownership such as business registration or shareholder’s certificate.
Applicants under 18 years of age
- An original statement from an Amphur office (Thai Government District Office)
giving permission from the non-travelling parent/s or legal guardian/s for the child to
travel to Australia; or
- Form 1229 (available from AVAC or the immigration website www.immi.gov.au)
signed by the non-travelling parent/s.